SUNY University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine
Industry: Healthcare, Higher Education
Services Provided: MEP Engineering
Pathfinder provided mechanical, fire protection, and plumbing engineering for both the study and design of renovations to the School of Dental Medicine. The project is largely driven by the HIPAA requirements for patient privacy as well as replacing aging equipment and systems. The project is being completed in three construction phases. To begin, Pathfinder evaluated the existing systems, confirmed the availability of utilities are available and compatible with new systems, and investigated existing fire protection system expansion capabilities.
The Welcome Center, in the first phase, includes:
- New Waiting Area and Reception / Check-out Area with modifications to the HVAC and fire protection systems
- Business and billing office renovation including modifications to HVAC and fire protection systems
The second and third phases include the Implant Center and the 1st floor clinics, including:
- Disconnection of old and reconnection of the new dental chairs to plumbing systems and utilities (suction, air).
- New sinks will also be provided throughout the Implant and clinical areas
- Consultation, Treatment and Recovery rooms with dedicated HVAC supply and return and re-work of sprinklers
- Digital X-ray and CAT Scan and Dispensary rooms with dedicated HVAC supply and return and re-work of sprinklers