Frank E. Van Lare Wastewater Treatment Facility
Services Provided: Architecture, MEP Engineering
This plant is the largest facility of its type on the shores of Lake Ontario and is permitted for a flow of 135 mgd with a capability of handling 600 mgd during storm events. Pathfinder has been providing architecture and engineering for projects since 2003.
Solids Handling Building: Currently providing electrical engineering in support of upgrades for the polymer system, including replacement of the existing polymer bulk storage system and makedown units and existing HVAC unit to improve ventilation to process and storage areas. Installation of a manual overhead door and access ramp is also included.
Irondequoit Bay Pump Station: Currently providing electrical engineering in support of valve replacement Project.
Thickener Pumping Station (Phases I and II):
- South Thickener Pumping Station: mechanical and electrical engineering for the replacement of MCCs, HVAC equipment and sludge pumps.
- North Pumping Station: electrical engineering for the installation of new scum mixers, sudge pumps with variable frequency drives, grinder and control panels, and emergency stops for equipment. The project included the move of a thickener drives into the pump station.
- Lighting design for both the North and South Pumping Stations.
- Odor Control Building: electrical and mechanical engineering for the installation of new odor equipment, including power, lighting and HVAC design.
- Holding Tank Building: electrical engineering for power for the installation of new equipment and new HVAC system.
- Site lighting design for both the North and South Pumping Stations
- Electrical engineering for the installation of new tank covers and thickener drives for the North and South Thickener Pumping Stations.
- Mechanical engineering for the installation of new HVAC systems at the North Thickener Pumping Station.
Primary Tank Improvements: Electrical engineering for improvements, including installation of new MCCs, equipment feeds and installation of new equipment.