SUNY Delhi Farnsworth Hall Arc Flash Study
Pathfinder is providing mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection engineering, and energy modeling for the total renovation of this 36,700 sq. ft. veterinary sciences building.
The campus has also selected Pathfinder to perform an arc flash study for the building. Utilize design documents and submittals to obtain the required electrical equipment information, including: locations, make and model, size and/or settings, and conductor sizes. The scope of work includes:
- Obtain Campus high voltage arch flash study, detailing existing available fault currents.
- Build a software model and one-line diagram of the facilities power distribution system using EasyPower software.
- Determination of system operating modes and conditions that can impact short circuit currents and arc flash hazard energy levels.
- Perform a short-circuit analysis study to determine the fault currents at each bus in the system.
- Perform an arc flash hazard analysis study to determine arc flash energy levels and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Perform an overcurrent protective device coordination study to ensure that only smallest possible portion of the electrical system is affected in the event of a failure.
- Provide a detailed power study report. Report progress will consist of draft, hardcopy and electronic reports.
Rendering courtesy of Envision Architects