Are you passionate about clean energy, a great writer with critical thinking skills, and looking to learn more about practical applications for clean energy in the built environment? If so, we want you on our team!
Mechanical Engineer Intern – Rochester, NY Office
As a Pathfinder Mechanical Engineer Intern, you will be exposed to mechanical engineering in the built environment and different areas of our business, making meaningful contributions to the company. Participants in our internship program have the opportunity to learn from our Mechanical Engineers and partake in immersive, hands-on projects that grant real-world experience.
Electrical Engineer Intern – Buffalo, NY Office
As an Electrical Engineer Intern at Pathfinder, you will be exposed to electrical engineering in the built environment and different areas of our business, making meaningful contributions to the company. Participants in our internship program have the opportunity to learn from our Electrical Engineers and partake in immersive, hands-on projects that grant real-world experience.
Please submit one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes:
- An answer to one of the following questions: What makes you curious? or Choose an item from your life (a script from a play, a toy, a book, etc.) and tell us why it is important to you
- Cover letter
Include Pathfinder NYSERDA Internship – Specific Internship Name in the Subject Line.
- Submit resumes by March 1, 2021
- Selection notices will be awarded by March 29, 2021
- Anticipated start date is June 1st – June 15th, 2021
- Assists with project design. This includes tasks such as routine calculations and sizing of simple equipment from engineers/designers’ instructions.
- Interprets survey and/or field notes to create maps and/or drawings.
- Assembles project data and information as directed.
- Reads and interprets design software output.
- Performs quantity takeoffs. Assists with complex quantity takeoffs.
- Assists with site observations and measuring quantities. This includes observing segments of existing conditions, designs and/or construction.
- Performs project documentation. This includes tasks such as maintaining the project file, correspondence, and computer-generated documents.
- Assists with communication with internal and external customers to transmit or obtain information.
- Is proficient with the use of spreadsheets to manipulate and organize data.
- Works with others as a member of a project team.
- Works with supervisor and/or department leader to maintain good customer relations.
- Working knowledge of a variety of PC software applications, including AutoCAD, Revit and Microsoft Office.
- Capable of performing layouts and elementary designs from sketches using CAD.
- Models and promotes Pathfinder Values as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Current fully matriculated undergraduate (junior/senior preferred) or graduate student, with demonstrated academic or professional interest in electrical engineering.
- Background or enrollment in a relevant course of study, which could include Science and Engineering, Environmental/Sustainability Studies/Sciences, Policy Studies/Public Administration, and other disciplines and interdisciplinary fields with a built environment focus
- Demonstrated ability to research, evaluate, and synthesize information from multiple primary and secondary data sources
- Skill in managing multiple activities, delivering on commitments, and operating with speed, accuracy, and strong judgment
- Strong work ethic
Should you be hired, Pathfinder participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Human Resources: HumanResources@pathfinder-ea.com