Pathfinder is providing energy and design services for Clean Energy Master Plans (CEMPs) at:
SUNY Polytechnic (Utica)
The CEMPs will drive significant long-term, proven, cost effective building upgrades and infrastructure changes that can help lead to carbon neutrality by 2050 to align with the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act. The CEMPs include ASHRAE Level II audit for all of its buildings over 5,000 sq. ft. Primary objectives include:
- Identify and recommend building and controls upgrades based on BuildSmart 2025 ASHRAE Level II audits.
- Assess building and plant level efficiency improvements and load reduction strategies including beneficial electrification.
- Assess opportunities to decarbonize electricity and heating fuel sources at the campus level.
- Provide detailed analysis and recommended scenarios to achieve carbon neutrality by 2050.
- Develop implementation plan that includes financially viable, realistic, and implementable multi-year and phased capital projects.
- Identify sites for potential on-site renewable locations ,including photovoltaic panels (PVs), wind, or ground-source.
- Initiate discussions with local utility electric provider for changes in future demand and electrical infrastructure.