Bath Wastewater Treatment Plant
Services Provided: MEP Engineering
Pathfinder provided mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineering for the Phase 2 upgrades to this wastewater treatment plant. The plant utilizes combined heat and power (CHP), using digester methane as the fuel source. The $8.9 million project is funded by NYSEFC. Pathfinder’s work includes:
- Tie-in to existing natural gas service in the Control Building and provide service to sludge thickener room in the Control Building, as well as the Digester Control and Receiving Station buildings.
- Odor control system for the sludge holding tank.
- Unit heaters and exhaust fans for sludge thickening room, and the Receiving Station and Digester Control buildings; and a hydronic heating system for Digester Control Building.
- Make-up air unit for Digester Control Building gas conditioning room
- Tie-in to existing potable water service located in the Control Building and provide service to sludge thickener room in Control Building, and the Digester Control and Receiving Station buildings
- Extend the non-potable water system to the Digester Control, Control and Receiving Station buildings and provide layout for interior water piping.
- Tie-in to existing motor control centers in Control Building and provide 480V and 120V electrical services in other buildings for systems, lighting and receptacles
- Coordination with the process controls design