Project Manager / Senior Managing Engineer
Project Manager / Senior Managing Engineer
Pathfinder is seeking individuals who can lead teams for renovations, additions and new construction projects. Experience with higher education and state agencies in New York State is highly desired. We seek individuals who are confident, creative, bold, thoughtful and curious.
Your own experiences can help make a project better — from your education and previous employment to your own experiences in a building. We are looking for someone who:
- Provides leadership to and motivates team members. Mentors, coaches and gives ongoing feedback to staff through Performance Development.
- Provides the key liaison required between client and firm and maintains client relationships.
- Oversees project teams’ efforts with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects, and with subconsultants and subcontractors.
- Ensures that the total effort for all projects is performed in logical sequence and on budget.
- Contributes to business development activities.
- Models and promotes Pathfinder Values.
- Licensed New York PE. Also LEED or other high-performance building certification.
- Four-year Mechanical or Electrical engineering degree
- Ten years of experience and at least three years involved project and/or department management
- AutoCAD, Revit, and other technical software. Microsoft Excel and Word
- Active participation in professional or technical associations, and community engagement
Architectural Project Designer
Pathfinder is currently seeking a full-time Architectural Project Designer to join our team.
Essential duties include:
- Directing or performing Project work from conceptual design through construction documents, including coordination of projects, delegation to designers of CAD work to prepare plans to meet client requirements.
- Site observations throughout the state
- Responsible for cross-discipline coordination.
- Prepare technical specification and bid documents.
- Under the direction of a Registered Architect, will prepare reports such as feasibility studies, estimates, conditions reports and recommendations.
- Construction administration duties may include running construction meetings, meeting minutes, review of submittals, responses to RFIs, issuing engineering bulletins, site visits/observations through punch list/substantial completion as contracted.
- This position will work with senior staff to maintain good client relationships.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Architecture from an accredited college; BA or BS in Architecture with experience.to qualify for registration.
- Near completion of NCARB IDP – Clear path to becoming a Registered Architect.
- LEED AP accreditation. (Preferred)
- Knowledge of building codes and architectural design principles.
- Communication and Presentation skills.
- Marketing skills
Proficient in REVIT, AutoCAD, and other technical software. Microsoft Excel and WordSubmit Resume
In this role you will provide technical design for projects, working with the project manager and design team for projects focused on high-performance and sustainability. Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering required with a minimum 4 years of experience and Revit proficiency. PE a plus.Submit Resume
Provide design support to project engineers for projects. Minimum two years of experience with CAD and Revit. Associate of Science and NICET certified a plus.Submit Resume
Senior Mechanical Engineer
In this position you will provide technical leadership and manage a diverse range of building design projects that are both discipline-specific and multi-discipline in nature. Excellent project management, client relationships and business development skills. Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, minimum 10 years of experience, Revit proficiency and PE required.Submit Resume
Pathfinder is currently seeking a full-time Architectural Designer to join our team. This person will provide technical CAD support, participate in design devolvement under directions of project architects, coordinate the exchange of information with other team members and clients. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, be able to work independently as well as part of a team and have excellent communications skills – graphic, verbal and written. Candidate shall perform code analysis, product research and specification writing and prepare construction documents.
- Candidate must have a minimum 5 years’ experience working in architecture production/design
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture (or equivalent)
- Proficient in REVIT; knowledgeable in AutoCAD, Bluebeam and Microsoft Office