East Aurora Central School District School District Renovations
Pathfinder is providing mechanical and plumbing engineering for renovations at three school buildings. The buildings and the renovations include:
Parkdale Elementary is a two-story, 120,000 sq. ft. building
- 51 classroom unit ventilators equipped with demand controlled ventilation for improved energy efficiency and indoor air quality.
- New roof-mounted unit ventilators with energy recovery systems
- New air cooled chiller and piping distribution system
- HVAC system serving the historic school auditorium
East Aurora Middle School is a three-story, 190,000 sq. ft. building
- Cafeteria kitchen exhaust system that was relocated to make additional space available on the upper floors
- Air cooled chiller and piping distribution system
- Four new air handling units, including one roof-mounted. Three of the four units have energy recovery
- Existing building was hot water; new units were converted to glycol via heat exchanger.
East Aurora High School is a single-story, 220,000 sq. ft. building
- Existing cafeteria kitchen exhaust and makeup air systems.
- Air handling unit to serve band room and music classrooms, with all system components selected to minimize sound transmission.
- Conversion of existing building hydronic hot water system to operate on propylene glycol solution.